Product listing adverts – which are displayed as part of the search results and on the Google Shopping pages – are a great way to reach users with clear pricing and product imagery. This type of campaign relies on a Google Merchant Feed, which can be generated directly from your website’s content management system.
The key benefits of running a Google Shopping campaign are:
- Automatic matching of products to users’ search queries, resulting in a wider portfolio of listings
- The ability to display imagery as part of the search results, which are traditionally more engaging
- Utilising space reserved purely for product listing adverts
- Researching the conversion rate on thousands of products at once
Components of a shopping advert
Below is an example of how product listing ads look within Google search results, using the example keyword ‘men’s shoes’:
What does managing a shopping campaign involve?
The ongoing optimisation of a shopping campaign is focused on the following:
- Bid optimisation
- Product group activation/exclusion
- Device visibility
- Advert scheduling
- Geographic targeting
How to get in touch: