Salary: £38k – £47k + up to 10% bonus + health insurance + 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Based: Mandatory two days per week in our Old Street office
We are on the lookout for an experienced Content Strategist to create and deliver content marketing strategies for our clients across a wide range of industries, targeting B2B and B2C audiences. This role sits within the wider SEO & Content team and you will work closely with our SEO and digital PR specialists to deliver organic growth in line with our clients’ business objectives and targets.
You will be part of a collaborative and forward thinking agency, focused on delivering high quality, results driven campaigns.
You will be working with some of our most important clients, leading on campaign strategy and delivery. We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience of delivering great results and who is confident, analytical and a natural communicator. A creative eye and an instinctive knowledge of what content excels is also essential.
Nurturing talent is key to the success of the agency and you will be required to set an example in approach and work delivery, mentoring and assisting in the training and development of others through line management.
- Conduct analysis and stay up-to-date with industry trends to identify content gaps and opportunities for thought leadership, awareness, consideration and conversion content
- Write high-quality content across a wide range of clients with different tones of voice, utilising SEO best practices and keyword research to optimise content for search engines and drive organic traffic
- Manage the copywriting process, including giving clear editorial feedback as well as communicating with clients on delivery and managing any feedback or amends
- Line management of two experienced copywriters, including 121s, appraisals, and training
- Edit and proofread content to ensure consistent tone of voice and messaging
- Analyse content performance using relevant tools and adjust strategies to maximise ROI
- Manage clients’ editorial calendars and ensure high-quality content is delivered on time and on budget
- Undertake other content marketing tasks, such as keyword research, content gap analysis, content reporting tasks, and any other deliverables as required
The Perfect Candidate
- 4+ years of experience in content strategy and creation
- Demonstrable examples of developing and executing successful strategic content marketing campaigns that drive traffic and leads
- Strong editorial skills, with impeccable grammar, punctuation, and attention to detail
- Excellent storytelling and copywriting abilities, with experience adapting content for different purposes and audiences
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and experience using analytics tools to measure content performance
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Organised, with high attention to detail and good project management skills to meet deadlines
- Line management experience is not essential, we’re happy to consider candidates looking to develop into this area
There are some great perks including; agency bonus, 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), private health care, flexible hours and working location, allocated training budget and focus on continuous personal development, sensible work/life balance as well as a friendly, fun and sociable team (to name but a few).
We consider ourselves to be a flexible employer and do our best to facilitate any requests regarding working pattern and location.
We have offices in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire and central London. The ideal person will be within commutable distance of our Old Street office and be in the office at least 2 days per week.
To find out more about working Distinctly, please have a read through our team handbook
Please use this form to submit your CV for consideration
"*" indicates required fields